Caleb's Solo European Trip
• Caleb's turning 30 years old at the end of September.
• Several years ago, he set a goal to visit Europe before then.
• There is no way that is happening.
• His responsible mindset—to put a precedence on paying off his student loans as soon as possible—thwarted his ability to put effort into doing this for himself.
• As much as I wish I could, I have discovered that I can not make this happen on my own.
• Collectively, we can make his dream ALMOST come true (Before he turns 30; at the age of 30 — pretty much the same thing).
When I recently asked him "What would you like to do for your Dirty Thirty?" he practiced being an old man and responded, "Have some peace and quiet for a week."
Thus, I asked myself, "What is the best possible way I can make that happen?"
Sooooooo here's my half-assed plan:
→ Collect birthday gift funds—from as many of people who want to support this—as possible.
→ Cover the remaining costs to reach the goal required on here and/or add a luxury or two tacked on to his trip.
→Purchase a round-trip flight and hotel expenses for one of the several cities he has mentioned wanting to visit.
→ Hand him his tickets and a loose itinerary on his birthday.
→ Thank everyone involved as selflessly as possible.
I get it, it's shameless, unconventional, and probably reckless of me to have initiated a crowd funding bit for this. I have no qualms with how this may make me appear, but I do ask that you do not associate that with him. If you know him well enough, I find it easy to assume you probably also have a lot of respect for him. To avoid my actions influencing your perception of him, please make the following note:
This crowd funding is in no way authorized, maintained, sponsored or endorsed by Caleb Dane Roberts. Similar to his 27th birthday surprise party—this possible mishap is entirely my responsibility, and I truly appreciate every ounce of support.