Help Hanna Get to Costa Rica!
I'd like to invite you to help me on my journey. I'll be blogging my way through Costa Rica, working side by side with the various organizations that pursue peace and social justice. But first and foremost I need to get there. I have been saving up for this trip, working as a Civic Engagement Assistant and applying for scholarships. I want to help repair this world, and with your support, I will make a difference. I need to raise $500 and am extremeley grateful and appreciative of any donation. Every dollar helps!
Over the course of this 12 day trip, I will work with leaders from a mixture of government agencies, non-profits, non-governmental and advocacy organizations, for-profit social enterprises, and international institutions.
The initerary includes:
- Learning the process of reducing plastic in Costa Rica through a national campaign
- Working with a social enterprise that was set up to provide employment and coaching to high-risk youth from the La Carpio neighborhood
- Learning about sustainable fishing practices through hands-on experience on a fishing boat
- Exploring the vast diversity of tropical plants and wildlife through a guided tour of the Manuel Antonio National Park
- Traveling to The Villa Vanilla Spice Plantation to learn how cultural spices are dried
- Visiting over 500 stray dogs at Territorio de los Zaguates, an organization that runs fully on donations, that allows dogs to roam free, offering food and medical help
- Working with the non-profits: Boy With a Ball, Lifting Hands, and The Costa Rican Humanitarian Foundation
- Touring Espiritu Santo to see how high quality coffees differs under different social and environmental certification systems
A donation of any size will help make this incredible trip a reality and enhance my global service-learning experience at Chapman University!