Help Fund Megan's Ele Fun in Thailand!
I will be flying out to Thailand on 13th January and starting my placement on Sunday 15th January for two months.
The sanctuary is based in the Phetchaburi provenience, South of Bangkok, where not only does it have an Elephant Sanctuary but also a Wildlife Sanctuary and an Education Centre where I would have the opportunity to teach English to Thai children. Typical day to day tasks at the sanctuary are:
• Cleaning the elephant’s paddocks each morning and evening.
• Washing the elephants in their paddocks with hoses and brushes, depending on the schedule
• Collecting the elephants dung and food waste for composting
• Walking the elephants to the lake or into the forest to forage
• Collecting fruits for their big appetites, and harvesting banana trees, sugar cane, pineapple or corn for fodder
• Learning all about these gentle giants, and performing basic daily health checks on the elephants
Working at the sanctuary is Monday to Friday so I will have the weekends to explore Thailand!
This (I hope) will be a huge eye-opener for me and a life changing experience.
I am very much looking forward to my adventure - any donations will be greatly appreciated.
If you would like to read a bit more about the Globalteer Organisation and the Thailand Elephant Sanctuary Project please visit the website below.