FundMyTravel Terms of Service
Welcome to the FundMyTravel website. This page aims to explain how to use our service so please read the Terms of Service carefully. By accessing or using the FundMyTravel website and services, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms, whether or not you are a registered member or not. If you do not agree with the terms listed herein, you may discontinue accessing the website and the services.
We reserve the right to make amendments to this agreement, with or without notice. Modifications to these terms will be included in this page, including the date when it was revised. FundMyTravel may impose certain limitations on the features and services offered within the site with or without notice. Your continued use of the Service and the website signifies your acknowledgment to the new terms and rules.
Acceptable Use of the Website
FundMyTravel was created to aid students, volunteers, interns and TEFL participants raise money for their study and volunteer works abroad. Moreover, the services of the website have expanded to cater to all types of travel - adventure travel, vacations and personal trips among other reasons. All visitors to FundMyTravel, whether registered or not, are called “Visitors”. If you create an account, you become a “User” and have access to certain features, including posting information on your fundraising page and collecting donations from other people.
FundMyTravel grants you permission to use the service providing that you comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations. You shall also comply with the terms of service as listed here. Your use of the website and the service indicates that you agree with the terms listed herein and by using any of our service is at your own risk.
Additionally, some of the services offered may be subject to modification, with some additions on the terms and conditions set by the website. Your use of the service is subject to the new terms applied within the existing rules and conditions.
The website may allow you to upload, post, or use the website for your personal, non commercial use, subject to the following conditions:
- All the materials posted by “Users” are their sole responsibility and shall abide by the Terms and Conditions as specified here. You may never use another’s person account without permission.
- All fundraising campaigns created by the “Users” shall only be exclusive for the purpose of raising money for study, volunteer, TEFL certification, eco-adventure and intern abroad participation. In other words, fundraising pages should only be travel-related whether domestically or internationally. You shall not post any false, misleading or inaccurate information on the site.
- You shall not upload to, distribute through or publish through the website any material that is commercial in nature or materials that contain the appeal of funds, promotion, advertising or solicitation of goods or services that are not, in any way, related to the goals and nature of FundMyTravel.
- By posting, uploading or otherwise distributing your materials on the website, you allow other visitors of the website to access view or download your materials and post or forward such materials to others who may or may not be registered users of the site.
You agree not to post content that:
- will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party such as copyright, trademark, privacy, personal and proprietary rights.
- is aimed at disrupting and damaging or in any way interfering with the proper function of any software and hardware or to gather unauthorized access to any data and information of the company.
- will allow the transmittance of any material that contains software viruses or any other malicious computer code, files or programs.
- is pornographic, obscene, vulgar, libelous, threatening, abusive, harmful, hateful or offensive.
- will engage in any illegal activities deemed illegal in the United States. This includes organizing any activities illegal, or conducting any business which is illegal.
- will be deemed as illegal or unauthorized by any of our third party entities per their own Terms of Service.
Registering an Account
FundMyTravel is your online medium that allows you to post your fundraising campaign and elicit feedback and financial contributions from other members and visitors. Your cause shall be governed by all the terms and conditions in this article. It is a breach of this agreement to post false or misleading information on your account profile.
You shall provide complete, accurate and updated information when registering with the website. There may be some features of FundMyTravel that require you to submit your email address and a password to be able to utilize them. As a “User”, you shall not use any name or campaign name of another person with the purpose of impersonating the person, post any information that is offensive, vulgar and obscene to FundMyTravel, its “Users” and “Visitors” and its “Third Parties”.
Launching a Campaign Page
The rules for joining this donation platform are as follows:
- A member needs to create an account to be available to the general public. You will be asked for your name, address, email address and other information to identify yourself. All members with a fundraising page need to undergo both the account creation process and creating the travel campaign, however, donors need not create an account with the website. Contributors can donate without building a FundMyTravel profile. Access to and use of password-protected areas is restricted to Members or Users only who have created an account or subscription.
- A campaign page should have a Profile created by the User. However, you can create a Profile even without launching a fundraising page.
- New account holders need to complete the 3-step process to launch a campaign. Once you have been able to grant FundMyTravel an access to your chosen payment processor, your campaign page will automatically be live on the site and will end on your indicated end date of campaign. You can accept as much donations as you can within this period. Should your goal be met even before the deadline, the page will still be open and be available for contributions.
- For existing users, your campaign page will be automatically live on the site once you hit on “Launch a Campaign” and will end on your indicated end date of campaign. You can accept as much donations as you can within this period. Should your goal be met even before the deadline, the page will still be open and be available for contributions.
- To receive contributions, you must have an account with your chosen payment processor. You understand and agree that your funding account will be governed by the agreement you have with the processor and that FundMyTravel shall have no liability for your funding account or your transactions or interactions with the processor.
- All contributions made will be managed by the funding account. Each donation less 5% will be sent to the fundraiser’s account in real-time. FundMyTravel is not responsible for any error in the funding account information you provide. Payment Processor may also have their own fees that need to be extracted from the donations raised. All donations will go directly to the account provided by the User himself.
- At the end of the campaign duration, the request for donations shall automatically cease and no more contributions shall be accepted for your campaign. Fundraisers are encouraged to campaign one at a time. Whether or not you reach your funding goal by the end of the duration, you will still receive all the money raised through your campaign page.
- FundMyTravel does not guarantee any amount or the number of contributions made for the entire period. You may solicit offline donations as an additional source for your fund, however, FundMyTravel shall be excluded and will have no relation in all offline funding drives made.
- In the event that you need to withdraw your application from the study, volunteer, intern and TEFL abroad program or your travel plans in general (and the fundraise as well) you should inform all of your donors and FundMyTravel to process the campaign’s cancellation. You shall handle the refund process to all your donors. The processing fee refund may vary based on your chosen processor. FundMyTravel fees are non-refundable.
- Only FundMyTravel has the ability to cancel a fundraising page. Profiles and accounts cannot be deleted from the system.
- It is the responsibility of the fundraiser to use the money according to what has been set on the Campaign Calculator and described in his/ her own page. It is in the hands of the fundraiser on how he/ she wants to use the money raised. FundMyTravel serves no responsibility on the outcome of the fundraising campaign.
- Funds raised are collected and managed by the donation processor. You agree and acknowledge that FundMyTravel is not held liable for the transmittance of money from the processor to the fundraiser.
FundMyTravel holds no responsibility for any loss or damage obtained from the use of the service. All agreements shall happen between you (as a fundraiser) and the donor, thereby, deferring FundMyTravel from any disputes and disagreements. This includes, but is not limited to, the fulfillments of promises after donations are made, and any other terms and representations associated with campaigns on the site. FundMyTravel does not supervise or overlook the performance and outcome of campaigns.
FundMyTravel reserves the right to reject, suspend or cancel a campaign at any time and for any reason. FundMyTravel is not liable for any loss resulting from such actions.
FundMyTravel offers you a way to donate for individuals who are interested in making meaningful journeys abroad. By clicking on the “Fund Campaign” button, you agree to the Terms and Conditions set here. You may contribute to any campaign in any amount you choose. You may also contribute as many times as you want.
- If you are a donor, it is your sole responsibility for ensuring that you have donated to the correct and right campaign. You may donate as many times as you want. Minimum amount of donation applies for each currency.
- You agree that FundMyTravel is not responsible for any discontent you may have over the use of the funds raised or to the donations you may have made through FundMyTravel.
- FundMyTravel does not guarantee that any campaign’s goal will be met at the end of the campaign.
- Rewards, promises and outside contracts shall be between the fundraiser and the donor. You shall exclude FundMyTravel and its whole entity from any contract or commitment you may have entered with the fundraiser in any way related to donating on the campaign.
- Further, FundMyTravel gives no assurance on the use of the total funds collated.
- Any payment or donation made is final and non-refundable. Under certain conditions FundMyTravel may, but is under no commitment, process refunds if the fundraiser posts false information or misuses the funds. Donations are not subject to dispute unless proven to be an unauthorized use of your payment process or account.
Organizations and Institutions
Institutions that offer study, volunteer, intern, eco-adventure, TEFL abroad programs and other travel-related activities can list their organization and their programs to be used by participants:
- Providers, Institutions, Universities and Organizations that are interested in taking part in this service are welcome to partner with FundMyTravel and be able to let their participants use the services of the website. Anyone who wants to start a partnership can use the Partnership Form on the website.
- Partner Organizations will provide basic information about their group to be included on the FundMyTravel database. This information will be linked to the campaign page of the program participant.
- Provider needs to embed the badge on their website to refer their participants to use the service of FundMyTravel. Additionally, FundMyTravel will link the Provider’s details on the Campaign page of the participant.
- Provider shall exclude FundMyTravel on how the fundraiser shall utilize the money raised. FundMyTravel is not responsible for the payment of the program fee and all the other fees associated with the program.
- The inclusion of a Program Provider on the Site does not imply endorsement or affiliation with the Company.
Fees and Payments
There is no fee in launching a fundraising page, however, there are fees on certain services. FundMyTravel remits 5% on all of the donations made through each campaign. When you use our service, you agree to the terms and conditions set by FundMyTravel. Changes regarding the fees will be announced on the website.
Your chosen payment processor will also have their own fees that apply for each transaction.
Third Party Sites
FundMyTravel may put links to third party websites, services and resources inasmuch as other websites, links and resources will put their links to our site. FundMyTravel does not own, control, or distribute any of these and you dismiss FundMyTravel from responsibility for the content, functionality, and legality of these other websites. Accessing these websites from FundMyTravel is at your own risk and you additionally acknowledge that FundMyTravel shall not be held liable for any damage and loss as a result of your use of the content, goods and services of the third party websites.
All materials found on FundMyTravel and its services, except to user content, including but not limited to, any data, images, text, graphic, logos, marks, symbols, trademarks, patents, copyrights, illustrations, software, audios, videos and music and all Property Rights related thereto are the exclusive property of FundMyTravel and its licensors.
No content may be copied, modified, published, transmitted, distributed, displayed or sold without our express written consent in each case.
All contents and materials found on this site are owned by FundMyTravel and protected by applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. Copying such materials will be for your own personal and noncommercial use, provided that you do not revise, change or remove any copyrighted and trademarked material. Any of the Services’ content shall not be used without express permission of FundMyTravel.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold FundMyTravel and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, representatives, and affiliates, harmless from and against all claims, losses, damages and costs (including attorneys fees) as a result of violation of the Intellectual property rights of third parties; your violation of any law, rule or regulation; your use and access to the service; or any material containing but not limited to libelous and defamatory content and fraudulent activity of your account.
The Company and the Site bears no special relationship with you or any visitor. You agree and acknowledge that FundMyTravel has no obligation in checking or accounting for any of these instances: whoever gains access to the Site; what Content are accessed through the Site; what effects the Content may have; how the Content is used or interpreted; or whatever may be taken as an action as a result of having been exposed to the Content.
FundMyTravel cannot guarantee the accuracy and authenticity of any information that Users provide about themselves or their campaigns. Likewise, FundMyTravel does not give any assurance on the information that are given by the Partner Organizations and posted on a campaign page. You remove FundMyTravel from the responsibility of fulfilling any expectation or obligation the Provider has expressed for your program.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING TO THE FOREGOING, FUNDMYTRAVEL, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE AND CORRECT; THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE IS FREE OF MALICIOUS AND HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR THE USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR USE OF OUR SERVICE.
FUNDMYTRAVEL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICE AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR THEIR LACK OF PERFORMANCE.
FundMyTravel does not authenticate, endorse, guarantee and take accountability for any service or product published or advertised by a third party organization on the Site or through a hyperlinked website or service. FundMyTravel shall not, in any way, manage or supervise the transactions between you and third party products, services and entities.
Limitation on Liability
Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will FundMyTravel and its affiliates, employees and licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages resulting to, without limitations, loss of profits, loss of data, and loss of business arising from your use of or inability to use the service, hacking or unauthorized access of the website, bugs, viruses or similar entities transmitted through the website by third parties and defamatory or offensive content posted by third parties, even if FundMyTravel has ben advised of the possibility of the said damages.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, FundMyTravel’s liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to FundMyTravel for the service during the term of membership.
FundMyTravel reserves the right, at its own judgment, to immediately, with or without notice annul or suspend your membership and your access to all or a portion of the website, for any reason, including, if you breach any of those stipulated in this agreement.
FundMyTravel does not make any guarantee that the service is appropriate or available in other locations, the service rendered by FundMyTravel is administered and operated from the United States. Users and members from other jurisdictions do so at their own choice and shall be under the authority of the local law, including but not limited to export and import regulations.