Terms of Service
Welcome to the FundMyTravel Community. This page aims to explain how to use our service so please read the Terms of Service carefully and completely. By accessing or using the FundMyTravel website and services, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to these terms, whether or not you are a registered member of the site. If you do not agree with the terms listed herein, you may discontinue access to the website and our services.
Acceptable Use of the Website
FundMyTravel was created to aid students, volunteers, interns and TEFL participants raise funds for their study, service, teach and work abroad experiences. Moreover, the services of the website have now expanded to support a greater variety of meaningful travel categories. These include but are not limited to: professional development, research, eco-adventure, missionary, creative arts, family holiday, entrepreneurial project, and athletic competition trips. All viewers of the FundMyTravel platform, registered and non-registered, are considered “Visitors”. When Visitors create a registered account on FundMyTravel, they become “Users”, gaining access to User specific features and functions. These features include login access, posting, uploading and editing media or information on personalized fundraising campaigns, connecting a payment processor and collecting donations from “Funders”, as well as establishing a registered profile on FundMyTravel, equipped to attach personal social media channels.
FundMyTravel grants you permission to use these services, provided that you comply with all applicable, domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations. You shall also comply with the Terms of Service as listed herein. Your use of the website and its services indicates that you agree with the terms listed herein and acknowledge that any resulting outcomes of website use are accepted at your own risk.
In addition to the agreement itself, the services offered through FundMyTravel are subject to modification, as the FundMyTravel team implements frequent updates to provide constant improvements on the website. Any changes deemed relevant may be added to the Terms of Service set forth by FundMyTravel. Your use of these services must be in accordance to the new terms applied, within the existing rules and conditions.
The website permits upload, post, and other use of the platform to communicate your personal, non-commercial messages and content, subject to the following conditions:
- All materials posted by “Users” are their sole responsibility and shall abide by the Terms as specified herein. Use of or posting through another person’s account without permission is strictly prohibited and considered fraudulent activity.
- All fundraising campaigns created by the “User” shall be exclusively for the purpose of raising funds for meaningful travel related experiences, as deemed appropriate by FundMyTravel.com. You shall not post any false, misleading or inaccurate information on the site.
- You shall not use the website to upload, publish, produce or distribute any materials that are commercial in nature. This includes the promotion, advertising or solicitation of goods or services which are not associated with FundMyTravel.
- By posting, uploading, publishing and distributing media and information on this website, you allow public viewing access to other Visitors of the website, who can then download, post and share your materials onward through the internet.
You agree not to post content that:
- will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personal and proprietary rights.
- is aimed at disrupting, damaging to interfering with the function of any software, hardware, or to gather unauthorized access to any data or information belonging to FundMyTravel or other Users of the website.
- will allow the transmittance of any material that contains software viruses or other malicious computer code, files or programs.
- is pornographic, obscene, vulgar, threatening, abusive, harmful, hateful or offensive, as deemed so by the standards of FundMyTravel.com.
- will engage in any activities deemed illegal or unlawful.
- will be deemed as illegal or unauthorized by any of our third party entities or community partners, as per their own Terms of Service.
Registering an Account
FundMyTravel is an online platform which allows Users to create a personalized fundraising campaign, collect financial contributions from other site Visitors and share the campaign with extended networks through social media and advising tools. All campaigns shall be governed by the Terms of Service in this article. It is a breach of this agreement to post false or misleading information on any account profile or campaign page.
Users shall provide complete, accurate and up to date information when registering an account on FundMyTravel. Some features of FundMyTravel require Users to submit an email address and password for complete access. No “User” is permitted to use a name or campaign page which is not their own. Any Visitor attempting to access the site with the intention to impersonate or falsify a User account will be prosecuted for breaking the agreement set forth by these Terms of Service.
Launching a Campaign Page
Rules for joining the FundMyTravel Community as a User are as follows:
- Members are only considered such after submitting registration within the site, using a legitimate email address and valid username. These steps are required to create a FundMyTravel account, profile section and campaign page. There may only be one email address associated with each FundMyTravel account, and all FundMyTravel accounts are only assigned a single Profile section. All registered account holders are granted access to develop multiple fundraising campaigns over time. Access to password-protected or “Log-In” areas is limited to “Users” with a registered FundMyTravel account.
- A completed Campaign Page could include a thoroughly filled out Profile section, created by the User. FundMyTravel accounts and Profile sections may be created prior to developing and launching a campaign page.
- New FundMyTravel Users shall complete a three step campaign creation process to launch a fundraising page. The User will have the option to save the campaign page on Draft mode or launch it to activate the donation capability. Once a campaign page is launched, it will be accessible to the public and will run for a maximum time period of 365 days. Each user shall indicate the preferred length for their campaign and shall be able to collect donations throughout this time period. Should a User’s goal be met before their campaign end date, the page will remain able to accept funds exceeding the goal amount.
- Existing Users, with completed Profile Sections, and previously attached Payment Processor accounts, need only to complete a new campaign creation form, prior to launching a new campaign page.
- To receive and collect donations, all Users must have a registered account with the relevant payment processor for their location (WePay for residents of the Unites States and either Stripe or PayPal for international Users.) All FundMyTravel accounts must be linked to the appropriate Payment Processor account in order to accept donations through the website. Users understand and agree that all operations and issues pertaining to their Payment Processor account shall be governed by the agreement set forth by that Payment Processor, and that FundMyTravel carries no liability regarding the functionality of a User’s Payment Processor account nor the interactions which may take place with any Payment Processor.
- All donations are received, processed and maintained through the Payment Processor account which a User attaches to their FundMyTravel campaign. Each donation, less 5% will be sent to your registered Payment Processor account in real-time. The above stated 5% is FundMyTravel’s administrative fee, understood and agreed to, prior to a User’s campaign launching. It shall also be understood that a User’s Payment Processor is a product and service separate from FundMyTravel and therefore FundMyTravel is not responsible for any errors present in the functionality of the Payment Processors. Users are responsible for the information they provide to the Payment Processor when registering their account with WePay, Stripe or PayPal. Further, once donations are processed through the website, FundMyTravel does not house or manage a User’s donations. The funds are maintained and accessible through the User’s Payment Processor account and not FundMyTravel. Users shall be aware and understand, prior to campaign launch, that each Payment Processor charges their own transaction fee, (WePay and Stripe at 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction and PayPal at 3.9% + a variable amount of cents depending on the currency for each international transaction). For more information regarding the Payment Processors and Administrative fees, see the Fees and Payments section below. Users are welcome to factor these donation fees into their campaign goal amount calculations, but are discouraged from posting bank details or mailing addresses on their campaign page as the FundMyTravel website is visible to the public.
- Once a campaign reaches its designated end date, the donation button will deactivate and no further contributions may be processed or accepted through your FundMyTravel campaign page. This function is consistent whether the User has reached their campaign goal amount or not. For increased success odds, all FundMyTravel campaigners are encouraged to create, host and carry out, only one campaign at a time.
- FundMyTravel provides advising resources and encourages campaigners to combine both online and offline fundraising efforts but FundMyTravel will not be held accountable for, nor will it handle any offline donations towards a campaign. FundMyTravel, does not guarantee any User with campaign success nor any minimum amount of funding to be received through their campaign page. The success of any campaign on FundMyTravel is dependent on the User’s frequency of engagement and strategic use of the platform.
- In the event that a campaigner needs to withdraw from their study, intern, teach, work, or volunteer abroad program, they can also remove and take down their fundraising page from their Profile section after log in. If a User, requiring campaign page cancellation has already received donations through the campaign page, FundMyTravel will work with the campaigner and also notify all donors regarding the page's cancellation and refunding process to take place. Because donation funds are collected to the campaigner’s respective Payment Processor, the User accepts sole responsibility for understanding and handling all refund processes, less the non-refundable administrative fee of FundMyTravel. Processing fees from the Payment Processor for these refunds may vary based on the User’s particular Payment Processor. Users and campaigners of FundMyTravel agree to consult their respective Payment Processor, for any details or issues relating to their Payment Processors.
- If the fundraising page is on Draft mode, the User shall have the ability to remove it from its Profile. FundMyTravel will honor any cancellation of campaign pages done from their respective pages. Please note though that campaigner profiles and FundMyTravel accounts will not be automatically removed from the FundMyTravel system. Should there be a need to delete a campaigner Profile, the User must send a request for deletion to email@example.com. Once a FundMyTravel account is disabled, the email cannot be used as a log in anymore and the account holder loses all campaign history as well as access to the website using the associated email and login credentials.
- The User accepts full responsibility and agrees to use the funds raised through their FundMyTravel campaign page for the costs designated on the Travel Calculator table and as noted on the User’s Campaign page description. FundMyTravel is not liable for the final use of funds, donated through the platform.
- Funds collected through the FundMyTravel platform are processed and managed by the respective Payment Processor of the campaigner. The User acknowledges that FundMyTravel is not responsible for the transaction of funds, from the Payment Processor to the Campaigner or his/her bank account.
- Users are allowed and encouraged to offer rewards and incentives to potential Donors, however, it shall be noted that FundMyTravel should not be held accountable for the fulfillment and distribution of the items and materials promised. Any agreement or arrangement should be made between the User and the Donor only. Moreover, FundMyTravel shall not be held responsible for any discontent or dissatisfaction of the items delivered to the Donors.
FundMyTravel is not liable for any losses or damages incurred through the use of its service. All funding and incentive agreements between Users of the website shall be fulfilled and take place between the campaigner and the donor, thereby removing FundMyTravel from any disputes, disagreements or responsibility regarding these items. This includes, but is not limited to, the fulfillments of User made promises and any other User developed terms represented on their campaign page.
FundMyTravel reserves the right to reject, suspend or cancel a campaign page at any time and for any reason, without explanation.
The website is open to the general public, with the exception of young children. If we learn that we have collected information from someone under 13 years old, we will remove that information from our database. Additionally, WePay requires that all their account holders must be 18 years old and above. If your child has used the site and our services, please contact us so we can delete the information as quickly as possible or the User must be guided by a parent or a guardian in order to use FundMyTravel’s and our partners’ services.
FundMyTravel offers a platform for online donation collection, support and communication for individuals who are interested in making meaningful travel opportunities financially accessible. Upon clicking the “Donate” button on any FundMyTravel campaign page, you acknowledge your understanding of and agree to the Terms of Service set forth in all sections of this agreement. Contributors are welcome to donate once or multiple times to any campaign page which they choose to receive their funding support. There is a minimum donation requirement of $10.00 (P500 for Philippine currency and £5 for British Pounds), in the campaigner’s donor’s respective currency, and all donations are subject to the appropriate administrative and processing fees (see details in Fees and Payments section, below.) Contributors are required to review and agree to these Terms of Service, before donating to any FundMyTravel campaign. All contributors must acknowledge their understanding that:
- As the donor, you are solely responsible for verifying that you have donated the accurate amount as intended and designated it to the correct campaign page. FundMyTravel recommends that you only donate to Users of the site, who you know and trust. While we regularly vet and screen campaigns for suspicious activity, FundMyTravel is not liable for donations made to incorrect campaigners, and you accept responsibility for ensuring the legitimacy of any page which you are supporting or funding.
- You agree that FundMyTravel is not responsible for any discontent you may have over the use of the funds raised or the donations you have made through FundMyTravel.
- FundMyTravel does not guarantee that any funding goal amount will be reached by the listed campaign end date. However, FundMyTravel, also does not limit the amount which Users may fundraise. Should their goal amount be reached before the campaign end date, a User is still able to collect contributions and exceed their goal amount.
- Rewards, incentives, promises and outside contracts shall remain between the campaigner and the donor. You shall exclude FundMyTravel and its whole entity from any contract or commitment you may have entered with the campaigner, in any way related to donating through the FundMyTravel platform.
- FundMyTravel gives no assurance on the use of the total funds collated.
- Any payment or donation made is final and non-refundable. Under certain conditions, FundMyTravel may, but is under no commitment to, process refunds, if the campaigner posts false information or misuses the funds. Contributions are not subject to dispute unless proven to be an unauthorized use of your payment processor or account.
Organizations and Institutions
Educational institutions and organizations which offer or support study, volunteer, intern or work abroad and other meaningful travel opportunities are welcome to join the FundMyTravel community and can list their organization or programs on campaign pages, where relevant to the User:
- Providers, Institutions, Universities and Organizations that are interested in taking part in this service and other benefits associated with a FundMyTravel partnership are welcome to joining the FundMyTravel community at no cost. Partners shall be provided with the tools and resources to make use of FundMyTravel accessible for their students and participants. Any party wishing to form a partnership with FundMyTravel will find our brief and simple Partnership Form linked on the bottom of our website.
- Partner Organizations will provide basic information to be maintained on the FundMyTravel database, such as contact information, URL, logo and mission statement or program description. This information can then be used to develop uniquely, co-branded Partner Pages and featured on student or participant campaign pages.
- Partner Organizations should embed a FundMyTravel button on their website and refer participants or students to the FundMyTravel platform, as an alternative financial resource and solution for their meaningful travel experience. Once the button is placed on site, it will function to direct participants to the customized Partner Page, with a unique URL and containing feature information about your organization, in addition to explaining the FundMyTravel platform. FundMyTravel will also link the Partner Organization details onto the Campaign page of FundMyTravel Users, who have been referred to use FundMyTravel, by the partner. This is made possible through a customized campaign creation form, also developed specifically for our partners, with their logo and URL pre-populated.
- Partner Organizations understand and agree that FundMyTravel shall not be held accountable for what purposes, the funds collected by their program participants are used. FundMyTravel is not responsible for the payment of program fees or any other costs and fees associated with the Partner Organization’s programs.
- The presence of a program or organization on FundMyTravel does not automatically imply endorsement or affiliation with the company.
Fees and Payments
Users of FundMyTravel do not need to pay any fees in order to register with the website, complete their profile section or to launch a campaign page. There are fees associated with FundMyTravel’s services, only once a campaign begins to receive donations. FundMyTravel remits 5% of all donations made through the FundMyTravel platform. When you use our services, you agree to the Terms of Service set forth by FundMyTravel. Any and all changes regarding the fees associated with use of FundMyTravel will be noted in this agreement and communicated to our current Campaigners and Partners.
Your designated Payment Processor (WePay for US users and Stripe or PayPal for international users) charges their own processing fees for each transaction which they handle. WePay’s most current transaction fee is 2.9% + .30 cents per donation. Stripe’s fee is at 2.9% +.30 cents per donation. To read more about their fees, please click here. PayPal's international transaction fee is 3.9% plus a fixed fee based on the currency received in donations. To learn more about PayPal’s fees, please click here.
Third Party Sites
FundMyTravel may place links to third party websites, services and resources inasmuch as other websites, links and resources will place links to our site. FundMyTravel does not own, control, or distribute any of these and you dismiss FundMyTravel from responsibility for the content, functionality, and legality of these other websites. Accessing these websites from FundMyTravel is at your own risk and you additionally acknowledge that FundMyTravel shall not be held liable for any damage and loss as a result of your use of the content, goods and services of the third party websites.
FundMyTravel sends out email newsletters to subscribers that may or may not contain information about; study abroad, volunteer abroad, crowd-funding and other articles related to travel in general. It may also contain information about new developments within the website and our partners. The goal of the newsletter is to keep you up to date about new trends in crowdfunding, travel and any news about FundMyTravel.
If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, there is an option to unsubscribe via a link at the bottom of every email. When clicked, the link will redirect you to a page where you can opt out of the mailing list. Please be considerate and properly unsubscribe from the newsletter, rather than tagging the email as ‘spam’ or ‘unsafe’ to avoid other subscribers from experiencing issues on receiving the emails.
All materials found on FundMyTravel and its services, except to user content, including but not limited to, any data, images, text, graphic, logos, marks, symbols, trademarks, patents, copyrights, illustrations, software, audios, videos and music, and all Property Rights related thereto are the exclusive property of FundMyTravel and its licensors.
No content may be copied, modified, published, transmitted, distributed, displayed or sold without our express written consent in each case.
All contents and materials found on this site are owned by FundMyTravel and protected by applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. Copying such materials will be for your own personal and noncommercial use, provided that you do not revise, change or remove any copyrighted and trademarked material. Any of the Services’ content shall not be used without express permission of FundMyTravel.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold FundMyTravel and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, representatives, and affiliates, harmless from and against all claims, losses, damages and costs (including attorneys fees) as a result of violation of the Intellectual property rights of third parties; your violation of any law, rule or regulation; your use and access to the service; or any material containing but not limited to libelous and defamatory content and fraudulent activity of your account.
The Company and the Site bears no special relationship with you or any visitor. You agree and acknowledge that FundMyTravel has no obligation in checking or accounting for any of these instances: whoever gains access to the Site; what Content are accessed through the Site; what effects the Content may have; how the Content is used or interpreted; or whatever may be taken as an action as a result of having been exposed to the Content.
FundMyTravel cannot guarantee the accuracy and authenticity of any information that Users provide about themselves or their campaigns. Likewise, FundMyTravel does not give any assurance on the information that are given by the Partner Organizations and posted on a campaign page. You remove FundMyTravel from the responsibility of fulfilling any expectation or obligation the Provider has expressed for your program.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING TO THE FOREGOING, FUNDMYTRAVEL, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE AND CORRECT; THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE IS FREE OF MALICIOUS AND HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR THE USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR USE OF OUR SERVICE.
FUNDMYTRAVEL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICE AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR THEIR LACK OF PERFORMANCE.
FundMyTravel does not authenticate, endorse, guarantee or take accountability for any service or product published or advertised by a third party organization on the Site or through a hyperlinked website or service. FundMyTravel shall not, in any way, manage or supervise the transactions between you and third party products, services and entities.
Limitation on Liability
Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will FundMyTravel and its affiliates, employees and licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages resulting to, without limitations, loss of profits, loss of data, and loss of business arising from your use of or inability to use the service, hacking or unauthorized access of the website, bugs, viruses or similar entities transmitted through the website by third parties and defamatory or offensive content posted by third parties, even if FundMyTravel has been advised of the possibility of the said damages.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, FundMyTravel’s liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to FundMyTravel for the service during the term of membership.
FundMyTravel reserves the right, at its own judgment, to immediately, with or without notice, annul or suspend your membership and your access to all or a portion of the website, for any reason, including, if you breach any of those stipulated in this agreement.
FundMyTravel does not make any guarantee that the service is appropriate or available in other locations, the service rendered by FundMyTravel is administered and operated from the United States. Users and members from other jurisdictions do so at their own choice and shall be under the authority of the local law, including but not limited to export and import regulations.