Yesmeen's Purpose Project: Let's be Part of Something Beautiful

yesmeen scamahorn Start Date: Aug 13, 2014 - End Date: Dec 10, 2014
  • Vietnam
  • Cambodia
  • India
  • Sri Lanka
  • Guatemala

My Travel Story

by: yesmeen scamahorn Start Date: Aug 13, 2014 - End Date: Dec 10, 2014
Dearest Family & Friends,

It has been so heavily impressed upon my heart to serve others, that in November, I will leave my home and belongings and dedicate myself for 6 months to serve on 6 projects, in 5 different countries. God spoke to my heart & the message was clear, "Start in Vietnam, Cambodia, and India." Please read below to learn more about what I will be doing and how I can utilize your financial support, love and prayers. 
With Love & Gratitude,

Yesmeen Nicole Scamahorn

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much..."
                                                   -Helen Keller

My gift to you:
I will be updating my blog every few days with stories, pictures and videos as a way for you all to stay connected and SEE where you generous donations are going.

or- Follow me on Facebook

Why YOU should donate:

-You will be making a global difference
-To be part of something 
-To give back and be able to SEE with your own eyes the impact you helping me make.

**Note** I want to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR that all donations will be going to fund each project. All expenses incurred between each project (1 week gap between projects) I WILL FUND.  I will use this time to recharge & reflect. I want to be my best so I can GIVE my best.

The 6 Projects: Each project will last 3-4 weeks, 6-8 hours a day, 5 days/week.

Links to each organization are listed at the very bottom. 

- **FUNDED**
PROJECT BEGINS 11/5/14 (Friends for Asia org)

During the Vietnam War, Americans sprayed over 40 million liters of "Agent Orange" over Vietnam which inflicted a legacy of suffering
-Exposure and consumption of food caused birth defects, mental deformities, and more.

What I will DO: (Work with disabled children)
-Help in the local garden to grow clean food which supports 60% of this village.
-Assist in daily needs/rehab exercises for the disabled children .

2-Cambodia: **FUNDED**
Globalteer org)
-Over 50% of rural Cambodian population does not have access to safe drinking water.
-1 in 7 children under the age of 5 die due to waterborne diseases

What I will DO: (Building clean h2o systems) 
-3 days/week will be spent building filters under supervision
-2 days/week will be spent traveling to local villages to install and educate the locals/community work.

3- India:

*1st project: Mother Teresa's Hospice *FUNDED*
-Provides care for the hungry, homeless, blind and for anyone feeling unwanted or on their death bed.

*2nd project- Ramanas Garden/Orphanage for slum children *FUNDED*
-500,000 kids a year in India are forced into commercial sex trade. 
-Over 50 million kids in India have no access to primary education.
-This charity supports abandoned and abused children providing food, shelter and education.

What I will DO:

1st Project:
-Sent to orphanages to take care of fatally ill. 
-Clean, give love and feed those who can't see or are unable to.

2nd project:
-To find creative ways to inspire the children to enjoy learning and acquire creative skills that will help them throughout their lives and be a "big sister

4-Sri Lanka (Millenium Elephant Foundation/WSPA)
-Elephants are still used for logging, tourism and are chained up and beaten.

What I will DO:
-Daily care/treatment of abused elephants (I will be assigned an elephant).
-Eco farm: Grow fruits, veggies and herbs used in elephant care and enrichment.

5-Guatemala: (IVHQ org)
-There is a huge housing deficit with the majority of people living in the slums.

What I will DO:
-Work with families, volunteers and locals to build homes and schools.

*FundMyTravel does not hold a 501(c)(3) status. All donations made through the website are considered individual gifts to the campaigners. 

Goal: 11,100+ site fees ($888)= 11,988

**Please share this project with your friends and family.Help me help the world! Together we WILL make a difference!

  • Vietnam
  • Cambodia
  • India
  • Sri Lanka
  • Guatemala


  • Clarification Of Expenses:

    **It seems that some of the details got cut off.

    Program fees for Vietnam, Cambodia, Sri Lanka & Guatemala. It includes: Airport pick-up, food, housing, project donation, 24 hour local support, and certificate of completion.
    Total: $4,000

    Fundraising Fees: Goal= 11,100. (Fundmytravel take 5% and WePay takes 3% of donations. Total of 8% is $888). $11,100+888= $11,988

    Holiday Gifts & Food: During the holidays, I plan to buy gifts and food for the local children and families.

    2 Projects in India: (6 weeks): Volunteers are respponsible for their food, housing and transportation).